How dental implants from your dentists in Lehi, Utah can restore your smile
If you have lost teeth, you already know the effect it can have on you. You may be self-conscious when you speak or smile, and the feeling of a missing tooth may be uncomfortable. The good news is, your dentist can provide a natural looking, feeling, and functioning replacement known as Dental Implants. Dr. David Gordon and Dr. Spencer Hill at Gordon Family Dental in Lehi, Utah offer dental implants to give you back your smile.
The truth is, tooth loss doesn’t just affect your appearance. When you are missing teeth, your oral health may be at risk:
- You may not be chewing your food as well as you need to. Poor chewing ability can affect your digestion, which can affect your overall health.
- Your teeth may accumulate more plaque and tartar. When a tooth is missing its neighboring tooth, it isn't as self-cleansing, which means your mouth won’t be as healthy. You may be more prone to gum inflammation, known as gingivitis, or periodontal disease.
- Your remaining teeth may loosen, become misaligned, or even change your facial structure over time.
Tooth loss can have many negative effects, but you can restore your smile with dental implants. Dental implants have become one of the most popular dental treatments because they offer so many important benefits.
When you choose dental implants to replace missing teeth, you will enjoy:
- Natural looking beauty, because dental implant crowns are made of light-reflective materials that look just like tooth enamel
- Complete stability, because dental implants are firmly embedded in bone, so they will never move around, even with the most vigorous chewing
- Convenience, because you never remove dental implants; they become a permanent part of your smile
- Great oral health, because you brush and floss dental implants just like your natural teeth
With dental implants, you can replace one missing tooth, or several missing teeth. If you need to replace an entire arch of missing teeth, you can choose an implant-supported denture. An implant-supported denture provides all the benefits of dental implants, plus a denture, which is simply snapped in place over the implants.
You don’t have to go without your smile. If you have experienced the negative effects of tooth loss, it’s time to do something about it. It’s time to discover dental implants. To find out more about dental implants, implant-supported dentures, and other tooth replacement options, call Dr. David Gordon and Dr. Spencer Hill of Gordon Family Dental in Lehi, Utah at (801) 766-6344.