Are you in need of a dental implant?
Dental implants are not just a restorative procedure that beautifies your smile, but they strengthen your jawbone as well. If you are thinking of undergoing implant treatment, Dr. David Gordon of Gordon Family Dental in Lehi, UT, is here to help and advise you!
More About Dental Implants
If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Tooth loss can lead to the deterioration of your jawbone without the support it needs. If you decide to get a dental implant, here's what you need to know about the process:
- A local anesthetic is applied to the area that will undergo the procedure.
- Your dentist places a titanium post into the jawbone. This titanium post then acts as the new tooth root and is biocompatible, so there is no worry of tissue rejection.
- The doctor will surgically close the area and allow it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months. During this time the process of osseointegration takes its full course.
- When you return, your Lehi dentist will re-open the area, insert an abutment, and place a crown on top of it that will match the rest of your teeth.
Advantageous of Dental Implants
- Implants can have a high success rate, reaching 95 percent, compared to other dental restorations
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly, so make sure you brush and floss every day
- They are used to fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or all of your teeth
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, making them both comfortable and practical
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. David Gordon can help you out. Call our office in Lehi, UT, at (801) 766-6344 to make an appoint today!